|Juz No.:||1, 2, 3|
Surah Al-Baqara – Verses 001 to 037 English Translation
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
- Alif-Lam Mim (Individual Letters of Arabic Alphabet).
- That high ranked Book (Quran) whereof there is no place of doubt, in it there is guidance to the God-fearing.
- Who believe without seeing, and establish prayer and spend in Our path, out of Our provided subsistence.
- And who believe in what has been sent down towards you, O beloved prophet! And what has been sent down before you and are convinced of the Last Day.
- They alone are on the guidance from their Lord and they alone are the gainers.
- Surely, as to those who are destined to infidelity, it is alike whether you warn them or warn them not, they will never believe.
- Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their ears, and over their eyes there is a dark covering, and for them is great torment.
- And some people say, ‘We have believed in Allah and the Last Day’ yet they are not to believe.
- They seek to deceive Allah and the believers, and in fact, they deceive not but their own souls, and they perceive not.
- In their hearts is a disease, so Allah has increased their disease and for them is a painful torment, the recompense of their lies.
- And when it is said to them, create not disorder on the earth, they say, ‘we are but reformats’.
- Be-ware! It is they who are the mischief-makers, but they perceive not.
- And when it is said to them ‘believe as others have believed,’ they say, ‘shall we believe as fools’, believe, Beware! It is they who are the fools, but they do not know.
- And when they meet believers, they say, ‘we believe’, and when they are alone with their devils, they say, ‘we are with you, we are only mocking’.
- Allah mocks at them (Befitting His Dignity) and leaves them to wander about in their contumacy.
- They are those people who purchased error for guidance but their trade earned them no profit, and they indeed knew not the way of trading.
- Their example is like the one who kindled a fire, so when it lit up all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in darkness where nothing is seen.
- Deaf, Dumb, blind, so they are not to return.
- Or like a rain pouring from the sky. Wherein is darkness and thunder and lightning, they thrust fingers in their ears because of the thunderclaps for fear of death and Allah has encompassed the disbeliveers.
- It so “seems that the lightning, would snatch away the, sights whenever there is some flashing they walk therein and when it is dark, they stand still, and if Allah willed He would have taken away their ears and sights,
surely Allah can do everything.
- O Mankind! Worship your Lord Who has created you and those before you, haply you may become pious.
- And Who made the earth a bed for you, and the sky a structure and caused water to come down from heaven hence brought forth therewith some fruits for your food, therefore do not set up equals for Allah knowingly.
- And if you are in some doubt, concerning what We sent down upon Our special devotee, then bring one chapter like it, and call upon all your helpers beside Allah, if you are truthful.
- Then if you cannot bring and We declare that you can never bring, hence dread the fire whose fuel is men and stones, is prepared for the disbeliveers.
- And give glad tidings to those who accepted faith and did good deeds, that for them there are gardens under which flow streams. Whenever they would be provided with a fruit to eat, they would say seeing its shape this is the same substance which we got before and that was given to them resembling in shape, and for them there are pure mates and therein they will abide for ever.
- Surely, Allah not ashamed of describing any thing for illustration, be it a gnat or above it, hence those who accepted faith, they know that it is the truth from their Lord, and those who are disbeliveers they say, “What does Allah mean by such a similitude”. Allah sends astray many by it and guides many and Bends astray those by it who are disobedient
- Those who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and sever that which Allah ordered to join and spread disorder in the earth, they are the only losers.
- How you will disbelieve in Allah, whereas, you were dead, He gave you life, then will cause you to die then again will give you life, then towards Him you will return.
- He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth, then turned toward the heaven, then formed seven heavens correctly and He knows all and every thing.
- And recall when your Lord said to the Angels, I am about to place a vice-generate in the earth, they said, “will You place such who will spread disorder and shed blood’? And We praise You commending You and sanctify
You; He told, ‘I know what you know not’.
- And Allah the Exalted taught the names of all things to Adam. Then presenting all shines before the Angels said, “Tell the names of these, if you are truthful.”
- They said ‘Sanctity to You”, We know nothing, but what You Taught us, no doubt, You alone are the Knower and the Wise.
- He “said, “O Adam tell them the names of all shines, when Adam had informed them of the names of all, He told, had I not told you that I know all the hidden things of the beavers and earth, and I know whatever you disclose and whatever you hide.
- And recall, when We ordered the angels to prostrate before Adam, then all prostrated save Iblis. He refused, boasted, and became disbeliever.
- And We said, “O Adam dwell you and your wife in this (paradise) and eat freely thereof where you will but do not approach this tree lest you become of the transgressors.
- Then Satan made them slip and got them out from the place where they lived, and We said, “get down, one of you is the enemy of the other and you have to stay in the earth and to make use of it for a time.
- Then Adam learnt certain words from his Lord so Allah accepted his penitence. Surely, He is the alone most Relenting, Merciful.