Surah Al-Baqara – Verses 230 to 252 English Translation
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
- Then if she is divorced for the third time, then that women will not be lawful to him, until she lives with another husband, then if that second one divorces her, then there is no sin on the twain if they come together again, if they think that they will observe the limits of Allah, and these are the limits of Allah. He explains them for the learned.
- And when you divorce women and their period are completed, then, till that time either retain them kindly or release them kindly, but there should not be retention to hurt them so that you may transgress the limit and whoso does this, he wrongs his own soul, and do not make jest of the signs of Allah and remember the favour of Allah upon you and the Book and Wisdom which He has sent down to you for admonishing you, and remain fearing Allah and know that Allah knows all things.
- And when you divorce women and their period are completed, then O guardians of women! Prevent them not from marrying their husbands, when they agree among themselves according to law. This counsel is given to him who among you have faith in Allah and the Last Day. This is cleaner and purer for you, and Allah knows and you do not know.
- And mothers should suckle their children for complete two years, for him who intends to complete the period of suckling, and to whom the child belongs, on him there is feeding and clothing of the women according to convention. No soul shall be burdened but within his capacity, the mother should not be made to suffer because of her child and nor father because of his child or (the mother should not make the child to suffer, and nor father to his child, and the same is incumbent on the father’s heir. Then if the mother and father both try to wean by mutual consent and consultation, there is no sin on them; and if you wish that your children should be suckled by nurses, then too there is no blame on you, provided what was agreed to pay is paid by you with kindness, and remain fearing Allah and know that Allah is seeing your works.
- And those of you who die and leave behind wives, they should keep themselves apart for a period of four months and ten days, then when they complete their period, then O guardians! There is no blame on you in anything, which the women do with regard to themselves according to law. And Allah is aware what you do.
- And there is no sin on, you regarding this, that you sent offer of marriage to women by giving obscure hint or hold it in your hearts. Allah knows that now you will remember them. Yes, make not with them secret contract, but say that much only which is known in law. And do not resolve wedding-tie until the written term reaches to its period and know that Allah knows what is in your heart, then fear him and know that Allah is Forgiving, Forbearing
- There is no any demand against you if you divorce the women while you have not touched them or have fixed any dower. And give them something to carry on with the men of resources according to his means and the poor according to his means some” thing to carry on with, this is incumbent on the well doers.
- And if you divorced women without touching them and for them you had already fixed some dower, then what much was agreed half of it is incumbent but if the women forgo something or he gives more in whose hand is the tied of the marriage, and O men your giving more is nearer to’ piety. And do not forget doing good to each other among! Your selves. No doubt, Allah is seeing your works.
- Watch over all your prayers and the middle prayer and stand before Allah with devotion.
- And if you are in fear then, on foot or riding, as you can, then when you are secure remember Allah as He taught you that which you did not know.
- And those of you who die and leave behind them wives, they should bequeath for their women to provide them maintenance for a year without turning them out; then if they themselves leave, you are not accountable regarding any proper thing which they did in their matters and Allah is Dominant, Wise.
- And for a divorced woman too there is proper maintenance, it is incumbent on the God fearing
- Thus Allah explains His signs for you so that you may understand.
- O beloved! Had you not seen those who came out from their homes and they were in thousands for fear of death? Then Allah said to them. “Die” and thereafter made them alive. No doubt, Allah is Gracious to people but most of the people are ungrateful.
- And fight in the way of Allah and know that Allah Hears Knows.
- Is there any who should give a goodly loan to Allah so that Allah may increase many times for him. And Allah
scants and amplifies, and you are to return unto Him.
- O Beloved! Did you not see a group of the children of Israel after Moosa? When they spoke to a prophet of theirs, ‘raise for us a king that we may fight in the way of Allah’. The prophet told, ‘Are your style like this that if the fighting is made obligatory on you, thereafter you may not fight’? Spoke they, ‘what happened to us that we should not fight in the way of Allah whereas we have been driven away from our homeland and from our Children? But when fighting was made obligatory! On them, they turned their faces but a few of them, and Allah knows very well the, unjust.
- And their prophet said to them. ‘Verily Allah has sent Talut as your king.’ Spoke they ‘How can there be kingship of him over us, whereas we are more entitled for the kingship than he, and nor he has been given abundance of wealth too’. Said the prophet “Allah has chosen him over you, and has increased him abundantly in knowledge and body, and Allah gives His kingdom to whom He will and Allah is All-Embracing All-knowing.
- And their prophet said to them: ‘the sign of his king ship is that there would come to you an ark in which there is ranquility of hearts from your Lord, and there are something left of the relics of the respectable Moosa and the respectable Haroon, the angels raising it would bring. No doubt, in it there is great sign for you if you
- When Talut aparted taking the armies from the City spoke he: ‘no doubt Allah is to test you with a stream. Then whoso drinks he is not mine, and whose drinks not, he is mine, but he who takes a sip with his hand, then all drank of it except a few of them. Again when Talut and the Muslim with him went across the stream spoke, ‘we have no power against Jalut and his armies’. Those who were sure to meet Allah spoke, ‘that often a small party has triumphed over a large party by Allah’s Command, and Allah is with the steadfast.
- Again when they came across Jalut and his armies, they submitted: ‘O our Lord pour forth steadfastness upon us and make our steps firm, and help us against disbelieving people.
- Then they routed them by the Command of Allah and Daud slew Jalut and Allah gave him Kingdom and wisdom and taught him what He pleased. And if Allah would not repel some of them by some others among people, then necessarily the earth, would have been ruined, but Allah is Munificent to entire, world.
- These are the verses of. Allah, that O beloved! We recite correctly to you and you are no doubt one of the