Surah Al Kausar is the shortest surah of the Quran. Allah revealed this surah to announce the good news to the prophet (PBUH). This surah is known to bring happiness and prosperity amongst
Muslims. Allah also defined the relationship of a Muslim with his creator.
He told us that He knows everything and surely will help His followers when they are in trouble, it’s even easier to recite the Holy Quran nowadays that you can find online Quran classes on the internet.
Surah Al Kausar was awarded in Mecca. It is in the last Juz of the Quran. The word “Kausar” means “plentiful or in abundance”. It indicates how much Allah blessed Prophet (PBUH). Allah also said to Prophet (PBUH) to thank Him and slaughter a camel as a celebration of blessing.
Recite: Surah Al Kausar
Reasons Behind Revealing of Surah Al Kausar
As we have learned from history, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had four daughters from His first wife, Khadijah. Only one of them survived to be an adult while the rest died at a small age. Prophet
(PBUH) had sons from His marriages but none of them survived.
In these circumstances, Arab of that era, disheartened the prophet (PBUH) by saying that He will be left filiated. This thought of being in the line of descent was hurting the Prophet (PBUH). But Allah the greatest answered to His prayers and announced the good news by revealing Surah Kausar.
Allah told the Prophet (PBUH) that Fatimah (only daughter of the Prophet who survived and served Him until decease) will be the abundant blessing of the Prophet (PBUH). She will continue the
Prophet’s (PBUH) lineage unless the world exists.
Allah also replied to the enemies that all of them who are calling Prophet (PBUH) to be filiated, they are the ones who will not have offspring. You will not have any child who will take your name.
Surah Al Kausar is a Stream in Jannah
There are some sayings that ‘Kausar’ is referred to as the stream of a river in Jannah. It is also said that it contains water which is whiter than milk and tastes sweeter than honey. This stream was triggered by the revelation of Surah Kausar.
Benefits of Reciting Surah Al Kausar
Every Surah in Quran owns significant benefits. Many rituals and benefits are also associated with the recitation of Surah Al Kausar. A person who recites Surah Kausar on regular basis will surely be benefitted from rewards on the Day of Judgement.
It is narrated that the Prophet of Islam (PBUH) has said that, whoever recites Surah-Al-Kausar regularly, Allah will douse his thirst on the Last Day of Judgement. The Surah will protect him from being thirsty through its streams of the river.
Another narration quotes that the Last Prophet (PBUH) said, “Recite Surah Al Kausar 100 times on Friday evening (Thursday night) to receive the privilege to meet the Prophet in a dream by the will of Allah.”
Similarly, it is also stated that whoever reads Surah Al Kausar a hundred times after the night prayer (tahajjud), he will see the Last messenger in his dream by the wish of Allah.
Other Benefits of Reciting Surah Kausar
Many other benefits of Surah-Al-Kausar are stated, although there are no authentic sources to confirm their reliability. However, there is no harm in reciting the Surah for the fulfillment of desires and prayers to be answered.
- Recite Surah-Al-Kausar and request to Allah for the fulfillment of hajat.
- Children are the blessings of Allah. Recite Surah Kausar and pray to Allah if you want to be blessed.
- Read Surah-Kausar 33 times to achieve success in life.
- If you want to achieve wealth in life, recite Surah Kausar 129 times once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Surah-Kausar protects its reciter from enemies. Recite it 1000 times in a day to be protected against the evil actions.
Although, this is the smallest Surah of the Quran but filled with lessons and findings.
- Allah never leaves His Prophet disheartened and alone.
- The happiness given to Prophet (PBUH) was so huge that Allah ordered to sacrifice a camel for celebration.
- Lady Fatima is a true example of Kausar. She continued the lineage of Prophet (PBUH).
- The evils of Islam and the Prophet (PBUH) will suffer from loss and will be left without posterity.
Regardless of the benefits, one should recite the Quran on daily basis to avail the blessings of Allah.
Without a doubt, He is the greatest.
Author: Wahion Yoha
Our Quran academy is a non-profit organization, which means that every dollar you pay goes to events to spread Islam in foreign countries in our academy, you can learn Quran online with a private teacher, you’re guaranteed to get your money back within 30 days if not satisfied with our academy.
When you try our online Quran classes you can :
- Learn From The Comfort Of Your Home Or At Work – Only A Mic, PC And Internet Are Required.
- All Levels And Ages Of Students Are Welcome. You Can Choose Any Teacher, Male Or Female, To Teach You Or Your Kids No Problem In Shaa Allah.
- We Teach Individuals (1 To 1 Tuition) And Organisations (On Request) And You Will Find It Difficult To Find More Competitive Lesson Prices On The Internet, Yet Our Quality Of Teachers Is Outstanding