Unlimited Benefits of reciting Surah Yaseen
Al-Quran is the most blessed book from ALLAH SWT, descended for the benefit and guidance of humankind. There are multiple rewards and blessings for reciting each word of the Quran. The holy Quran contains 114 surahs and each surah is full of wisdom and profound guidance for us. Among all the surahs, Surah Yaseen (36th surah of the Quran) is one of the most virtuous surahs, and reciting it, has numerous benefits and rewards. Surah Yasin is considered the heart of the Quran. Prophet Mohammad SAW mentions: “Surely everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yaseen, and I would like it to be in the hearts of all believers in my community.” (Tafsir -al- Sabuni, vol 2). And ALLAH knows best.
It reported from Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (Radiyallahu-Anhu) that ALLAH SWT recited Surah Taha and Surah Yaseen one thousand (1000) years even before creating this world. When the angels heard the Quran, they said, ‘Glad tidings for that nation upon whom the Quran is revealed, glad tidings to those hearts who would memorize it and glad tidings for those tongues who would recite it” (Sunan Darimi, Hadith: 3457) And ALLAH SWT knows the best.
Surah Yaseen is one of the most powerful surahs of the Holy Quran and the one who recites it is granted with enormous blessings, forgiveness, and rewards in both the worlds.
Let’s go through some of the great benefits of reciting Surah Yaseen that include spiritual, health as well as materialistic benefits.
- It is mentioned in several hadeeths that surah Yaseen is one of the major surahs to seek forgiveness from ALLAH SWT. A true believer when recites surah Yasin with pure intentions repenting for his/her sins, ALLAH SWT will grant forgiveness with his mercy. Our beloved Prophet Mohammad SAW says: “Whoever recited Surah Yasin at the night seeking Allah’s forgiveness, Allah would forgive him.” Ibn Hibban, Darimi 3283/A, Abu Yala, Tabarani, Baihaqi & Mardawaih.
- Surah Yaseen has extreme significance in the Quran. And it is made clear with this hadeeth that Prophet Mohammad SAW states: whoever recites surah Yasin, he/she will be rewarded by ALLAH SWT equivalent to reciting the whole Quran. Tirmidhi 2812/A.
- When the soul departs from our body at the time of death, it gives immense pain and difficulty to the dying person. Even the messenger of ALLAH SWT faced it. Prophet Mohammad SAW recommended reciting surah Yaseen close to the dying person to ease the pain and make it easier for the departing soul to bring peace and ease to this agonizing process. “Recite Yaseen on those who are dying.” Abu Dawud.
- Everything that we get in this world is merely from ALLAH SWT. we must always seek ALLAH’s help in every aspect of our lives with prayer and remembrance. Beloved Prophet Mohammad SAW says that: “Whoever reads Surah Yasin at the beginning of the day, all his needs for that day would be fulfilled.” Ata bin Abi Riibaah. This is an effective surah from the Quran with multiple benefits and blessings. So everyone must make it a habit of reading it every day especially at the beginning of the day and ALLAH SWT will take care of all our worldly issues and needs as this surah is the key to everything good in both the lives.
- Fear can not come to the hearts of those who recite Surah Yaseen as this magnificent Surah protects and provides safety from all the evils.
- Prophet Muhammad SAW said that Surah Ya-Sin will intercede on the day of judgment to those who used to recite it. So recite it regularly as it will be your intercession and protector on judgment day.
- Reciting Surah Ya-Sin in a time of hardship and difficulties will help you provide ease and remove afflictions.
- The Prophet Muhammad SAW says: It takes away from its reader all afflictions and fulfills his need. Whoever recites it, it will be made equal to twenty pilgrimages. Whoever shall listen to it, it will be as thousand dinars, which he has given as charity in the path of Allah. And whoever shall write it and then drink it, it will enter into his heart a thousand cures, a thousand radiant lights, a thousand times more increase in belief, a thousand mercies, a thousand blessings, a thousand times more increase in guidance, and will remove his disease(Tirmidhi).
- It is mentioned in the book of al-Ḥakim al-Tirmidhi that anyone who feels that his/her heart has hardened and wishes to soften it, must recite Surah Ya-Sin regularly. With the barakah of this Surah, ALLAH SWT will make his/her heart soft and compassionate. (And ALLAH knows best).
- Surely, the Quran has the solution for all our problems. Various specific surahs help when recited with pure intentions to come out of any difficulty. It is said that if you are facing issues in finding your marriage proposals, you must recite Surah Ya-Sin regularly and ALLAH SWT will provide better proposals for you Insha Allah. (And ALLAH knows best)
The Quran has beautiful surahs with ultimate virtues and values and it’s a complete manual to live a life that pleases ALLAH SWT. Among all the surahs, Surah Yaseen is one of the most beautiful surahs with enormous benefits and rewards. Hence, make a habit of reading this Surah every day and make it a part of your life to seek blessings and forgiveness of ALLAH SWT and ease our difficulties.
And ALLAH knows best.