Al-Quran is the sacred book from ALLAH SWT revealed to Prophet Muhammad SAW for the guidance of mankind in the whole universe. This is the only book that will remain in its original text forever.
The word Quran derives from the word Qara-a- meaning “to read” and every Muslim must recite the Quran the book of light, every day as it is beneficial to mankind in every way of their lives.
This pious book is divided into 114 chapters, each consisting of various ayahs describing the codes and commandments of ALLAH SWT guiding the social, moral, and all the other aspects of human life. It’s the only book revealed to mankind for mankind and is a complete manual and full of wisdom.
ALLAH SWT mentions in Quran in almost 89 verses, about the morality, virtues, blessings, and benefits of Quran.
ALLA SWT says: O mankind! Surely, there has come to you a (heart penetrating) counsel from your Master and a cure for all those (diseases) which are (hidden) in the chests. And it is guidance and mercy for those who believe. (Yunus, 10:57)
There are promiscuous benefits of memorizing the Holy Quran and the hafiz (the one who memorizes Quran) get the benefits in both worlds that are here and hereafter.
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The likeness of the one who reads Qur’an and memorizes it is that he is with the righteous honorable scribes. The likeness of the one who reads it and tries hard to memorize it even though it is difficult for him, he will have two rewards.”(Bukhaari (4937)
Reciting, understanding, and memorizing Quran brings guidance and healing to everyone and not only the believers as it is a book of light for all mankind.
Let us go through and understand the various benefits of memorizing the Holy Quran in the light of Ahadees:
- Memorizing Quran is a form of worship that gives one inner peace and reward in the hereafter. Surely, memorizing Quran has many benefits that include spiritual, physical, and mental benefits, etc. Narrated Aisha: The Prophet SAW said, “Such a person as recites the Quran and learns it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven). And such a person exerts himself to learn the Quran by heart, and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward.” Sahih al-Bukhari
- Learning and memorizing the Quran lets us understand the words of the creature ALLAH SWT, and his creations.
The Hafiz takes precedence over others while leading the prayers. It was narrated that Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The people should be led in prayer by the one among them who has the most knowledge of the Book of Allaah; if they are equal in knowledge of the Qur’an, then by the one who has the most knowledge of the Sunnah; if they are equal in knowledge of the Sunnah, then by the one who migrated (made hijrah) first; if they are equal in terms of hijrah, then by the one who became Muslim first. No man should lead another in prayer in his domain of authority, or sit in his place in his house, except with his permission.”(Narrated by Muslim, 673)
- The one who memorizes Quran and adheres to its message will be honored and will rise in status in heaven.
- The one who memorizes Quran will be crowned with great honor on the day of judgment. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Qur’an will come on the Day of Resurrection and will say, ‘O Lord, adorn him.’ So he will be given a crown of honor to wear. Then it will say, ‘O Lord, give him more.’ So he will be given a garment of honor.’ Then it will say, ‘O Lord, be pleased with him.’ So Allaah will be pleased with him. Then it will be said to him, ‘Recite and advance in status, and for each verse, you will gain one more reward for the good deed.”
- The one who memorizes the pious Quran will be placed in front of others in a common grave that will be closer to the Qibla if it is required to bury him with others. It was narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said: “The Prophet would wrap two of the men slain at Uhud in a single cloth, then he would ask, ‘Which of them knew more Qur’an?’ If one of them was pointed out to him, he would put that one in the lahd(لحد) – a brim/range (comfortably in the grave) first. And he said, ‘I will be a witness over these people on the Day of Resurrection.’ He commanded that they should be buried with their blood, without being washed, and that no funeral prayer should be offered for them.”
- The one who memorizes Quran will be advanced in status and will have a high-status corresponding to the last ayah of the Holy Quran that he memorized. It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet Muhammad SAW said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an (i.e., the one who memorized and studied it): ‘Read, advance in status and recite as you used to do in the world, for your status will be commensurate with the last ayah that you recite.’
- The parents of the one who memorizes the Quran will be crowned and honored on the day of resurrection by ALLAH SWT. It was narrated that Buraydah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever reads the Qur’an, learns it and follow it, on the Day of Resurrection his parents will be given a crown to wear whose light will be like the light of the sun, and his parents will be given garments which far surpass everything to be found in this world. They will say, “Why have we been given this to wear?” It will be said, “Because your child learned the Qur’an.”’”(Narrated by al-Haakim, 1/756)
- The Quran is the ultimate gift for us from ALLAH SWT to boost our Imaan, spirituality, and humanity as well. the one who memorizes the Quran purifies his soul and attains closeness to ALLAH SWT with great rewards.
- Indeed the Quran is the book of ALLAH SWT for guidance to humankind and promotes healing from various diseases as well. Talha ibn Masrif said: It is said that indeed when the Qur’ān is recited near a patient, he/she finds recovery. I visited Khaythamah when he was ill and I said: ‘I see that you are well today!’. He said: ‘The Qur’an has been recited on me (i.e. it is through its blessings).’ [Bayhaqi]
- Memorizing and reciting the Quran enhances one’s memory and boosts the brain’s power making it stronger.
How to memorize the Quran fast and easily
if you are planning to memorize the holy Quran, you must have a pure intention in your heart to do it for the sake of ALLAH SWT and not for any worldly gain or recognition.
you can absorb this blessed book in your heart forever, these tips would help you to memorize the holy Quran:
- Start with sincerity and good intentions
- Always seek help from ALLAH SWT whenever you lack motivation as it is a pious and prestigious task, satan will always distract you.
- Set your timings, rise early, offer your salah on time to keep your heart pure and close to ALLAH SWT.
- Start memorizing just after you fajr prayer, as early morning hours have more barakah and your mind is fresh to learn new things.
- Be consistent, never skip a day without memorizing 4 to 5 lines. Put your consistent efforts and ALLAH SWT will make it easier for you.
- When you offer your salah, read the learned verses in every rakah, this way you will keep on revising.
- Recite in a place that is free of distractions and devices etc so you can focus completely.
- When you memorize the verses of the Quran. Make sure to read it with proper tajweed rules, so you can get it correct and also learn the meanings for a better understanding of the words of ALLAH SWT.
- Take short breaks in between.
- Satan is always there to make you forget what you already memorized, so don’t forget to revise it frequently.
- ALLAH SWT helps those who strive to be closer to HIM, so work hard and you will be able to memorize the entire Quran with ALLAH’s help insha’Allah.