2.Surah Al-Baqrah : Ayah 255
Bismillaah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem
Allahu la illaha illa Huwa, Al Hayyul Qayyum La ta’khudhuhu sinatun wala nawm, Lahu ma fissamawati wa ma fil’ard Man dhalladhiy yeshfa’u indahu illa bi’iznih Ya’lamu ma bayna eydiyhim wa ma khalfahum, wa la yuhiytuna bishey’im-min ilmihi illa bima sha-a wasia kursiyyuhus samavati wal’ard Wa la ya’uduhu hifzuhuma wa hu wal aliyul Azeem
Ayatul Kursi English Translation
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Allah! There is no God but He – the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. All things in heaven and earth are His. Who could intercede in His presence without His permission? He knows what appears in front of and behind His creatures. Nor can they encompass any knowledge of Him except what he wills. His throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them, for He is the Highest and Most Exalted.
Allah, the Most High, speaks the truth.
Benefits of Ayatul Kursi
- Ayatul Kursi was delivered by 70,000 guarding angels of Allah (S.W.T.) to mankind that is how precious it is. Do you have 70,000 friends? Well try and think of how many angels bought forth Ayatul Kursi for us.
- When Ayatul Kursi is recited Allah (S.W.T.) creates a guardian angel to protect you from Shaytaan (devil) until the morning when it should be read again. Alhamdulillah.
- The verse of The Throne: Ayatul Kursi is the 255th verse in the second chapter (surah) of Al-Baqara. It is the most famous verse of the Qur’an and is widely memorized and displayed due to its emphatic description of Allah (S.W.T.)’s power over the entire universe.
- Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) said: “Whoever recites Ayatul Kursi immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.
- Hadrat Abu Hurairah (R.A.) narrates this hadith from Rasulullah (P.B.U.H.), with the addition that there is an Ayat in surah Al Baqara, which is the chief Ayat of the Qur’an. Who so ever recites it in a house where shaitan is (Devil), he (Shaaitaan) will leave.
- Hadrat Ibne Masood (R.A.) says that a person requested Rasulallaah (P.B.U.H.) to teach him something that will benefit him. The Prophet (P.B.U.H.) said: ” Read Ayatul Kursi, it will protect you, your children, home and even those houses surrounding your house.”
- Hadrat Ibn Abbas (R.A.) said that when Rasulullah (P.B.U.H.) recited the last ayat of surah Baqara and Ayatul Kursi he laughed and said: “these have come from the treasures of Allah)”.
Best times for reciting Ayatul Kursi
There are 8 Best times recommended for reciting Ayatul Kursi
- After Obligatory Prayers
- In Bed: Before Sleeping
- In the Morning before sunrise
- In the Morning during sunrise
- For a Spiritually Disturbed Person
- For a Spiritually Disturbed Home
- In Your Nightmares
- Any Other Time